Days are getting shorter, temperatures are getting colder and autumn will soon give way to winter... nothing like a good soup to warm you up!
There are different kinds for every taste: vegetable soup, squash velouté, zucchini, butternut, carrots, etc...
Mushrooms are currently on the shelves of stores or maybe you were lucky enough to find some during a nice walk in the forest?
Guillaume, Chef of Le Riva restaurant at the Imperial Palace Annecy, offers his homemade recipe which has been a real success with our customers... Treat yourself and enjoy!
Mushroom velouté, Hazelnut light cream
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 100 g of button mushrooms
- 100 g brown button mushrooms
- 100 g of porcini mushrooms
- 100 g of chanterelles
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 500 ml of 35% liquid cream
- 4 cl hazelnut oil
- 10 g of whole hazelnuts
- Salt, freshly ground pepper, olive oil
Preparation of the velouté:
1/ Chisel the shallots.
- Chop the garlic cloves finely.
- Cut at an angle ceps, button mushrooms, browns (2 or 3 times depending on the size).
- Shred the chanterelles.
2/ Then sear the shallots and garlic in hot oil.
- Add the previously washed mushrooms.
- Cook until the water in the mushrooms has completely evaporated.
- Add 400 ml of cream, let cook on low heat.
- Once ready, mix it all together.
Preparation of the light cream:
Beat 100 ml of the remaining cream with a mixer.
Then add the hazelnut oil and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.
Make a cream quenelle on the soup just before tasting.
Serve hot with a slice of farmhouse bread...
We wish you a very good tasting!