Adrien Tupin-Bron, our Chef of the gastronomic restaurant La Voile, offers you one of his seasonal recipes...
Char Fish & colourful carrots
Ingredients for 10 persons:
- 12 purple carrots
- 12 yellow carrots
- orange carrots
- 280g char fish to be cut in half
- 20 Capers with tail
- 100g roasted buckwheat seeds
- 100g roasted and crushed cashews
- 2 kg orange sand carrots
- 100g + 1 sugar
- 200g white vinegar
Preparation of the recipe
- Cook 8 purple carrots in water until melting.
- Drain and blend with 60-90 g of butter so that the purée is smooth.
- Do the same with 8 yellow carrots.
- Trim the tops 2 cm from the carrot. Cut them in half and put them in a saucepan with water at the top, a knob of butter and a sugar cube. Reduce. Snack on the flat side just before serving.
- Dry the capers in the oven and then reduce them to powder.
Carrot roll pickles
- Cut a few orange carrots and the remaining coloured carrots lengthwise with a mandolin (1 mm thick). Steam half of them and put the other half in vinegar 1.2.3 (100g sugar, 200g white vinegar and 300g water) for 1 hour. Cut all the slices in half and roll them up.
- For each colour 2 cooked pieces and 2 pieces in pickles.
- For the carrot juice sauce, centrifuge the remaining orange carrots. Reduce the juice at ¼, add butter, salt and pepper.
- Cook the Arctic char on the skin so that it is crispy.
- Arrange the half wilted carrot on the plate, make dots of yellow and purple carrot purée. Place the coloured carrot rolls on the carrot.
- Place the char on the side with the crushed buckwheat seeds and cashew nuts.
- Sift a little caper powder over the carrot and add the sauce.
We wish you a very good tasting...