The International Animated Film Festival will meet you from June 10th to 15th for its annual meeting. Latest masterpieces, current and future trends, special encounters with talents, directors and producers,... Annecy becomes the international capital of animated film for 5 days !
For the 2019 edition of the Annecy festival,Japan is in the spotlight with a poster signed by Charlotte Gastaut, French illustrator. Her 4 main inspirations were Japan, gastronomy (rice that you can distinguish on the garment of the character), Annecy (lake & mountains) and animation. Personalities such as Yôichi Kotabe: guest of honor, Yoshiaki Nishimura & Koji Yamamura: Jury members, will be present.
The International Animated Film Festival for the public
- Projections: You can enjoy this unique event by watching première screenings in different places of Annecy such as: Playmobil, The journey of the Prince, Toy Story, etc ...
In addition, outdoor sessions are offered on the Pâquier Lake Annecy (see below) and in other places:
- Friday, June 7: Mary and the Flower of the witch
- Monday, June 10th: Interstella 5555
- Tuesday, June 11: Ratatouille
- Wednesday, June 12: Spider-Man: New Generation
- Thursday, June 13: Dragons 3: The Hidden World
- Friday, June 14: The Snow Queen
- Saturday, June 15: Terra Willy - Unknown Planet
>> Discover the program in detail here
For the first year, the Annecy Animated Festival offers a space dedicated to the discovery of animation works in virtual reality for a total immersion in 4D!
Located at Annecy Haras, access to the dome is free and accessible to all.
The festival for professionals
From June 11 to 14, a huge space dedicated to professionals & accredited people welcomes no less than 827 exhibitors from 75 countries represented. Decision-makers, broadcasters, schools, students, buyers, distributors, funders, ... all the international people who gravitate around the animation sector are represented.
During the market, take place:
- Recruitment sessions
- Conferences & press conferences
- Exchange with industry professionals
- Pitch Mifa
- Mifa Campus (training, recruitment and creative process)
>> More info here
Good festival to all !